This card, which is for college graduation, was for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS (based on FreeSpirit's material swatch gallery) as well as the Stamp Simply Challenge on Sharon's No Time to Stamp blog (to use black as an accent color). The College's school colors are gold and black and the sunflower is a traditional symbol. I had the kickstand black piece leftover from another workshop, and just added layers of Saffron in cardstock and designer prints. The sunflower center has Crystal Effects to really make it shine, and the little butterfly is popped up on 1/2 of an SU! dimensional.
Stamps: Live Your Dream (Occasions mini catalog), Serene Sunflower (retired)
Ink: Basic Black, So Saffron
Paper: Basic Black, So Saffron (cs & dp), Very Vanilla
Tools: scissors, SU! dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive
Embellishments: Very Vanilla wide grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects
Here's the swatch that inspired me:
- ► 2009 (27)
- Delight in Butterflies Sketch & Color Challenge Ca...
- Is it Tuesday already??
- Great Swap Gals challenge with Beate's sketch
- Fun With Pink & Green
- Bloom Together Sketch Challenge Card
- Simple layout for stack of cards
- Inking up my new stamps with a Sketch Card
- Featured Stamper Challenge Card
- A Bali Breeze Mother's Day Card
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Simple Inspiration -- Double Challenge Card
- Limited Supplies Challenge
- Triple Challenge Card
- Wasabi Family Album
- Double Challenge Card
- Circus Birthday Card
- Welcome Baby Addison!
- Sketch Cards for Friends
- ▼ April (18)