Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Inking up my new stamps with a Sketch Card

The UPS guy delivered a few new stamps to me last night -- I finally gave in to the need to have the "Bloomin' Beautiful" set from the Occasions mini-catalog, and I took advantage of the great Free Wheelin' promotion (going on until April 30th) to pick up the Stitched Exotics bundle which includes the Stitched Exotics stamp set and free It's Beautiful jumbo wheel. So expect to see some more cards with these stamp sets coming up. Remember that the mini catalog is only available through May 31, which will be here before you know it, so if you've been holding back, take another look and let me know if you want to place an order.
My card is based on the Mojo Monday sketch that Julee Tilman does on her Poetic Artistry blog. My circle in the center needed to be larger than her sketch in order to accommodate the flower image, and I made it a square card (4 1/4") to change things up a bit. I used my Sponge Dauber to add Apricot Appeal around the vase, and the flowers were stamped in black Staz On ink onto watercolor paper and colored with my blender pen & Soft Subtles Watercolor Wonder crayons in Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, and Sage Shadow. The circle mat is cut from the DP hostess set of paper, which you can only get when you host a workshop. My sentiment is from the "Much Appreciated" stamp set, punched out with the Designer Label punch and placed behind the new silver Hodgepodge Hardware, also from the Occasions mini-catalog. Some creamy half-pearls from the Pretties Kit set off the grounding strip of retired Wintergreen DP.

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Lovely card. The pearls and the hardware really set it off. Thanks for playing! :)