Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That's one sparkly fish alright!


This card was inspired by one that Cambria Turnbow did on her blog with the Fine Cosmo Stampin Glitter and "Flowers for You" designer paper. I had both of those at my Inspiration Station and wanted to try my hand at using the new glitter (which I promptly got all over my workspace -- note to self: do not use glitter in children's workshops...) so I thought to myself, "Self, what sparkles? Fish!" I promptly got out my retired "Fishy Friends" supercute stamp set and got to work. I definitely need to practice my glitter & glue technique, this isn't fully filled. After I sponged my shimmery white cardstock with Tempting Turquoise & Certainly Celery, I stamped my fish with Staz-On Black and dotted my 2-Way Glue, adding glitter in 3 separate sessions to avoid mixing too much of it together. I sprayed the image lightly with some glossy acrylic sealer to avoid getting *more* glitter everywhere. I think this would make a wonderful good luck-type of card to someone before a big event (school play, prom, graduation, etc.).

1 comment:

Memories of Time said...

Whooo Hooo!! Love all the glittah baby!! CUTE card!! Thanks for sharing!!