Tuesday, February 26, 2008
That's one sparkly fish alright!
This card was inspired by one that Cambria Turnbow did on her blog with the Fine Cosmo Stampin Glitter and "Flowers for You" designer paper. I had both of those at my Inspiration Station and wanted to try my hand at using the new glitter (which I promptly got all over my workspace -- note to self: do not use glitter in children's workshops...) so I thought to myself, "Self, what sparkles? Fish!" I promptly got out my retired "Fishy Friends" supercute stamp set and got to work. I definitely need to practice my glitter & glue technique, this isn't fully filled. After I sponged my shimmery white cardstock with Tempting Turquoise & Certainly Celery, I stamped my fish with Staz-On Black and dotted my 2-Way Glue, adding glitter in 3 separate sessions to avoid mixing too much of it together. I sprayed the image lightly with some glossy acrylic sealer to avoid getting *more* glitter everywhere. I think this would make a wonderful good luck-type of card to someone before a big event (school play, prom, graduation, etc.).
- ► 2009 (27)
- You Spin Me Round (Like the Easter Bunny, Baby...)...
- Who doesn't like to Double Dip?
- SCS Color Challenge Card
- Another productive day...
- That's one sparkly fish alright!
- Fun with Rub-ons!
- Easter Inspiration Station
- Wild Butterflies
- Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Flourishes Challenge Card
- Another tantalizing Occasions card...
- Occasions Sneak Peak: Live Your Dreams
- Sale-A-Bration Continues until March 17th...
- Let's Try This Again...
- Embrace Friendship sketch challenge card
- Can YOU save this layout???!!!
- Wasabi Easter
- WOW -- Special Upcoming Hostess Promotion!!
- Spring is coming???
- Latte Love
- So Very Sweet Challenges
- Baroque Valentine
- Ginger Blossom Rocket Pocket
- Sweet One
- Pomegranate Love
- Whimsical Birthday Double Challenge Card
- To My Maine Folks
- Beate's Weekend Challenge
- Mardi Gras Uptown
- Valentine Coaster Scrapbook
- ▼ February (30)