As a Father's Day card for my father-in-law, I made another gatefold card -- standard 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" strip of River Rock textured cardstock, scored at 2 1/8" on each end to fold in. I layered Porcelain Prints designer paper on both side that fold in. My tree was stamped in Staz-On Timber Brown on watercolor paper, then I used my Aqua Painter to add Always Artichoke for the leaves and grassy ground, Chocolate Chip for the trunk, and Bordering Blue for the background sky. It's layered onto squares of Always Artichoke, Kraft and Black and mounted with SU! dimensionals on the left panel only. Two scraps of Always Artichoke ribbon were tucked under the edge. My photo corner punch added some interest to each corner of the card with layers of Blue Bayou and Always Artichoke. The sentiment is a single word from the word collage stamp in my retired "Natural Beauty" stamp set, hand colored with my Chocolate Chip marker and stamped onto Confetti White paper. I sponged some Always Artichoke around the edges to give it more dimension.
Thanks for looking -- have a great Father's Day weekend!!
- ► 2009 (27)
- Quadruple Challenge Card
- A little Friday wisdom...
- Color Inspiration & Sketch Card
- Mojo Monday Sketch
- Stampin' Up! Retiring Stamp Sets
- Father's Day Gatefold Card
- Color Challenge Gate Fold Card
- Mojo Monday, better late than never...
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Inspiration Challenge Card
- Wild Wasabi Thank You
- New Sketch & Old Color Challenge
- SCS Color Challenge Card
- June's Stampin' Up! Specials
- Beate's WSC triple-challenge card
- No Stamping today -- Garden Photos
- ▼ June (16)