I wasn't sure about how this week's color challenge on SCS would look, as it seemed like an odd combination (Real Red, Regal Rose, and So Saffron) but when I saw Mary Fish's Gate Fold card, it inspired me (thanks, Mary!!)
My base panel of Real Red is cut at 11" x 4 1/4", then scored at 2 1/2" and 7 1/4" (this gives you a slightly larger panel on the right side tucked under the smaller left hand panel). I layered Confetti White on both panels, then another layer of Regal Rose (left) and So Saffron (right) cardstock. My Stitched Exotics background flair was stamped with Versamark on the two panels. The large flower image was stamped in Regal Rose on Confetti White paper and cut out with scissors. I used my Blender Pen to dab some So Saffron along the inner open areas of the flower, and added the mini stamped flower in a Build-a-Brad for the center. Peeking out from behind the stamped flower are two punched flowers, using my 5-Petal Flower Punch, in Regal Rose and So Saffron, and they are all layered on top of a Real Red Die-Cut Bloom (from the mini catalog).
My sentiment was stamped in Real Red on So Saffron and cut out with the Word Window Punch, with another punch of Real Red behind it to give it a 3-D effect. Regal Rose satin ribbon wraps the right side of the card in a neat little knot, so much easier than a bow and equally as attractive.
Thanks for looking! :-)
- ► 2009 (27)
- Quadruple Challenge Card
- A little Friday wisdom...
- Color Inspiration & Sketch Card
- Mojo Monday Sketch
- Stampin' Up! Retiring Stamp Sets
- Father's Day Gatefold Card
- Color Challenge Gate Fold Card
- Mojo Monday, better late than never...
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Inspiration Challenge Card
- Wild Wasabi Thank You
- New Sketch & Old Color Challenge
- SCS Color Challenge Card
- June's Stampin' Up! Specials
- Beate's WSC triple-challenge card
- No Stamping today -- Garden Photos
- ▼ June (16)