Been a few days since I "got my stamp on" as my DH would say -- summer is supposed to be down time, right??!! Anyways, this card is for this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS and I used Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration as my palette: Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White. White rub-ons from the "Eastern Elegance" collection add dimension to my Regal Rose squares. My Wasabi squares are from the Hostess Designer Prints set, and my Purely Pomegranate squares are from the retired "Holiday Harmony" paper. "Happy Heart Day" (it's retiring in August so place your order now if you want it!) provided my cute elephant image -- this card is for a coworker and friend who is moving to another city. She's one of those great people who just lights up a room with her good humor and energy. Usually I wouldn't make my Ellie pink, but in this instance, it just suits. I used my Blender Pen and Regal Rose ink pad to color her -- note her oh-so-girly nails, colored in Purely Pomegranate.
Here's the Color Inspiration and Sketch if you want to try it. My card measures 4x4" and my squares are 1" and 1 1/4" using my punches.
- ► 2009 (27)
- Quadruple Challenge Card
- A little Friday wisdom...
- Color Inspiration & Sketch Card
- Mojo Monday Sketch
- Stampin' Up! Retiring Stamp Sets
- Father's Day Gatefold Card
- Color Challenge Gate Fold Card
- Mojo Monday, better late than never...
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Inspiration Challenge Card
- Wild Wasabi Thank You
- New Sketch & Old Color Challenge
- SCS Color Challenge Card
- June's Stampin' Up! Specials
- Beate's WSC triple-challenge card
- No Stamping today -- Garden Photos
- ▼ June (16)