If you're like me, lists become an important key to functioning optimally once you hit a certain, ahem, age... Whether it's a "to do" list for the day, the week, or winter vacation, I need something tangible to continually jog my memory. Of course some things get delayed or completely deleted from the list, but it's a good starting point. Teasing out this idea a bit, I developed this basic "to do" list to keep handy when creating cards. It may be helpful to you, too!
Ways to improve your cards. Have you…
• Layered your cardstock and/or added Designer Paper?
• Altered your edges and/or larger pieces (tearing, sponging, piercing, stippling, folding, crimping)?
• Stamped a background with ink or Versamark using an individual image, wheel or brayering a large background stamp?
• Used punches for large layered shapes, tags, words, corners, borders?
• Colored your images (markers, Blender Pens, Stampin' Pastels)?
• Cut out your image for layering or 3-D affect?
• Masked your images to add additional stamped images or sponging?
• Embossed your images?
• Used markers, paper piercer or white pen to add borders & highlights (3-D effect, faux stitching, dots & squiggles, doodles, etc.)?
• Added embellishments (flowers, glitter, brads, buttons, ribbon, hemp, etc.)?
• Stamped your envelope to match the card?
- ► 2009 (27)
- A Nice Warm Latte for You
- Kindred Dragonflies
- Dragonfly on Maine Blueberries
- New Lazy Stamper T-Shirt Design
- A few more challenges under my belt...
- Perfect Pear Weekend Challenge
- Star Love Note
- SALE-A-BRATION is Coming Soon!
- Asian Flowers for You
- Happy Heart Day
- Happy Snow Day!
- Bali Breeze Sketch Challenge
- Ways to Improve Your Cards
- Always My Valentine
- Delightful Challenge
- Tall & Skinny (the card, silly, not me!)
- Bali Breeze Friendship
- Just a Few Naptime Cards
- Valentine's Day Inspiration Station!
- Triple-Play Wild Embrace
- SC158, Kick Stand Sunflower Card
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Splitcoast Stampers Challenge #157
- More Silhouette
- Uptown Garden Silhouette
- Purely Pomegranate Present
- Le Jardin Thank You
- Embrace Life Thank You
- SU!s Valentine's Day Bundle
- Christmas Thank You Notes
- ▼ January (30)