I spend lots of time every day visiting people's stamping blogs as I continue to learn new design tips and techniques. I found a beautiful card using Garden Silhouettes on Thinking Inking and just had to use it as a template for my own thank you note. I used my Uptown designer paper to add to the color scheme, playing off the So Saffron and Certainly Celery that had already been used.
I got to try a new technique with this one. I don't have a Certainly Celery ink pad but I have a Watercolor Wonder crayon in the same color, so I colored my image, spritzed it lightly with water and then stamped. Awesome! But then I decided my flower looked a bit stark, so I used my Color Spritzer to spritz a bit of so Saffron on the background. Much better. Thanks for looking!
- ► 2009 (27)
- A Nice Warm Latte for You
- Kindred Dragonflies
- Dragonfly on Maine Blueberries
- New Lazy Stamper T-Shirt Design
- A few more challenges under my belt...
- Perfect Pear Weekend Challenge
- Star Love Note
- SALE-A-BRATION is Coming Soon!
- Asian Flowers for You
- Happy Heart Day
- Happy Snow Day!
- Bali Breeze Sketch Challenge
- Ways to Improve Your Cards
- Always My Valentine
- Delightful Challenge
- Tall & Skinny (the card, silly, not me!)
- Bali Breeze Friendship
- Just a Few Naptime Cards
- Valentine's Day Inspiration Station!
- Triple-Play Wild Embrace
- SC158, Kick Stand Sunflower Card
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Splitcoast Stampers Challenge #157
- More Silhouette
- Uptown Garden Silhouette
- Purely Pomegranate Present
- Le Jardin Thank You
- Embrace Life Thank You
- SU!s Valentine's Day Bundle
- Christmas Thank You Notes
- ▼ January (30)