Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Friday, January 4, 2008

Uptown Garden Silhouette

I spend lots of time every day visiting people's stamping blogs as I continue to learn new design tips and techniques. I found a beautiful card using Garden Silhouettes on Thinking Inking and just had to use it as a template for my own thank you note. I used my Uptown designer paper to add to the color scheme, playing off the So Saffron and Certainly Celery that had already been used.

I got to try a new technique with this one. I don't have a Certainly Celery ink pad but I have a Watercolor Wonder crayon in the same color, so I colored my image, spritzed it lightly with water and then stamped. Awesome! But then I decided my flower looked a bit stark, so I used my Color Spritzer to spritz a bit of so Saffron on the background. Much better. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful job! I like that you did it with watercolor crayons, and the spritzing was a great idea as well!