Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bravo for Eastern Blooms

I am loving my new stamps -- they keep beckoning from my craft table, saying "play with us! Play with us!" I used the new Eastern Blooms (the blossoming branch) and Eastern Influences (the "beautiful" character) for this delicate card, based on an SCS sketch and color challenge (Blush Blossom, Ruby Bed, & Close to Cocoa). I like the simple clean lines of the sketch but I felt that tearing my paper would add to the natural feel of my branch. I used SU! markers to color the individual blooms before stamping. My little butterfly was done by sponging Ruby Red onto a scrap of Very Vanilla and then punching it out with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch (bought with my 50% off Michael's coupon -- does that mean I can tell DH I *saved* money??) ;-)

Here's the sketch if you want to try your hand at it:

No comments: