Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Monday, June 9, 2008

Inspiration Challenge Card

These are pictures of somebody's fabulous master bedroom, courtesy of Domino Magazine. They served as the Inspiration Challenge this week on Splitcoast Stampers. So after I finished drooling over the bedroom, LOL, I got to work.

In retrospect I think Soft Sky may have been a truer color match, but I got Bashful Blue set in my mind and went with that. The sketch at iheart2stamp featured a prominent half-oval, which reminded me of a bed headboard. I used my Creative Memories cutting system to cut my oval out of Whisper White cs, then stamped my Stem Silhouette stamp in Certainly Celery to decorate my "headboard" like the picture. I ran the rim of the oval across my inkpad several times to give it some definition. For my bottom panel, I ran a strip of Whisper White through my Cuttlebug and then sponged the embossed vines & birds with Bashful Blue to simulate the bedroom wall panels. A strip of Pretty in Pink embossed with my Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots pattern goes across the center, nestled cheek to cheek with my Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, tucked through a ribbon slide from my silver Hodgepodge Hardware set in the Mini "Occasions" catalog. The silver is repeated in my brads in the bottom right corner.

And what's that huge bloom in the center? Why, it's the flower on the chair back, of course. I created it with my Serene Sunflower (retired) large and small stamps, stamped several times in Purely Pomegranate, Cameo Coral and Only Orange. The center is stamped with the bloom from "Bloomin' Beautiful" (mini catalog) to add some different petals. Whew! There's definitely a lot going on in this card. Maybe too much? Thanks for looking. Here's the sketch if you want to give it a try. :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! Thx for playing!! Hugs-Jd