Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Color Inspiration & Sketch Card

Been a few days since I "got my stamp on" as my DH would say -- summer is supposed to be down time, right??!! Anyways, this card is for this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS and I used Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration as my palette: Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White. White rub-ons from the "Eastern Elegance" collection add dimension to my Regal Rose squares. My Wasabi squares are from the Hostess Designer Prints set, and my Purely Pomegranate squares are from the retired "Holiday Harmony" paper. "Happy Heart Day" (it's retiring in August so place your order now if you want it!) provided my cute elephant image -- this card is for a coworker and friend who is moving to another city. She's one of those great people who just lights up a room with her good humor and energy. Usually I wouldn't make my Ellie pink, but in this instance, it just suits. I used my Blender Pen and Regal Rose ink pad to color her -- note her oh-so-girly nails, colored in Purely Pomegranate.

Here's the Color Inspiration and Sketch if you want to try it. My card measures 4x4" and my squares are 1" and 1 1/4" using my punches.

5 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

SO cute! Love the squares!

Bec Ross said...

Aww, this is totally cute!
Bec.

Becky said...

Fabulous card! I love it!

dawn said...

I love this card! So cute!
Dawn

Shawntel said...

I love your bg! Wonderful Job!