Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Monday, June 9, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge


This card developed from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, taking cues from Maren who was the Featured Stamper this past week on SCS. I used her "Embrace Blush" card to pull the Embrace Life stamp, paper and color scheme, then mixed the elements up to fit Beate's sketch. In honor of National Garden Day, which was this past Friday, I chose an image that I believe is one of the prettiest flowers out there, all open and ready for you to add your own touches. I used my Blender Pen to color the flower in with Blush Blossom and Groovy Guava around the outer edges, then added in a half-pearl from the Pretties Kit in the center with a Glue Dot. It just so happens that the Stamp Something blog featured a similar "In the Wilds" challenge. I don't have any real wild animal stamps, but they said flowers count, LOL. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :-)

3 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just gorgeous! What a lovely card, great colors. It's so elegant with the flowers and the pearls. Thanks for playing along with us again. Good for you for combining all those challenges! :)

Angie C said...

Very pretty card, love the colour combo you have used

Erin... said...

Just beautiful!! I love this color combo. your flowers are colored wonderfully! thsnks for playing.