Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day Gatefold Card

As a Father's Day card for my father-in-law, I made another gatefold card -- standard 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" strip of River Rock textured cardstock, scored at 2 1/8" on each end to fold in. I layered Porcelain Prints designer paper on both side that fold in. My tree was stamped in Staz-On Timber Brown on watercolor paper, then I used my Aqua Painter to add Always Artichoke for the leaves and grassy ground, Chocolate Chip for the trunk, and Bordering Blue for the background sky. It's layered onto squares of Always Artichoke, Kraft and Black and mounted with SU! dimensionals on the left panel only. Two scraps of Always Artichoke ribbon were tucked under the edge. My photo corner punch added some interest to each corner of the card with layers of Blue Bayou and Always Artichoke. The sentiment is a single word from the word collage stamp in my retired "Natural Beauty" stamp set, hand colored with my Chocolate Chip marker and stamped onto Confetti White paper. I sponged some Always Artichoke around the edges to give it more dimension.

Thanks for looking -- have a great Father's Day weekend!!

No comments: