Julie's Color Concoction recently was perfectly matched with this week's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. The JCC25 colors were riding hood red, always artichoke, chocolate chip, and very vanilla.
I used the bamboo stamp from the beautiful "Embrace Life" set, stamped in Always Artichoke and then used my blender pen to add a bit more color to it. I sponged a bit of Very Vanilla craft ink along my panel of Riding Hood Red card stock before adding the ribbon over it. My stipple brush worked great to use Chocolate Chip for a bit of dimension all over the background panel. My sentiment is from the "Best Yet" Level 1 Hostess Set (p. 18 of the Fall/Winter 2008 Idea Book & catalog)
And this is the artwork ("Modern Bamboo") that I took my inspiration from:
- ► 2009 (27)
- StampMom's Own "Bring It On" Challenge
- Stamp Something Black Friday Challenge
- Holiday Extravaganza Sale!!
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Card
- Christmas Rub-Ons Rule!
- Snow Sketch Card
- Christmas Color Challenge Card
- CORRECTION re: cards for soldiers
- Cards for Recovering Soldiers
- A card for the bride
- Holiday Specials for Everyone on Your List (Includ...
- Another sketch challenge card
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Modern Bamboo Concoction
- Another TO DO List
- My favorite trick-or-treaters!
- ▼ November (16)