The SCS color challenge this week was Real Red, Basic Black and Kraft (or Creamy Caramel) and I knew I needed to get started on some Christmas cards so I came up with this. It's based on the sketch for Our Creative Corner, except I changed the placement of both the sentiment (above the ribbon instead of below) and the ribbon.
I like the look of my new Hodgepodge Hardware in Vanilla against the black, don't you? My main panel looked a little plain so I used my stipple brush to stipple some Creamy Caramel and Real Red over it to add dimension. I used the Curly Label Punch to make my opposing corners.
Here's the sketch:
Thanks for looking!
- ► 2009 (27)
- StampMom's Own "Bring It On" Challenge
- Stamp Something Black Friday Challenge
- Holiday Extravaganza Sale!!
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Card
- Christmas Rub-Ons Rule!
- Snow Sketch Card
- Christmas Color Challenge Card
- CORRECTION re: cards for soldiers
- Cards for Recovering Soldiers
- A card for the bride
- Holiday Specials for Everyone on Your List (Includ...
- Another sketch challenge card
- Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge
- Modern Bamboo Concoction
- Another TO DO List
- My favorite trick-or-treaters!
- ▼ November (16)