Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Sketch Challenge Card

This is a bon voyage card for my parents, who will soon be leaving the U.S. on a whirlwind international choir tour -- so excited for them! Take lots of pictures, Mom! :-)

I used the SCS sketch challenge for the week, with a retired hostess stamp set ("Provencal") and some yummy Berry Bliss designer paper, layered up with the Purely Pomegranate-colored paper from the Holiday Harmony paper set. The image is stamped in Close to Cocoa, and the sentiment from the "Embrace Life" stamp set is stamped in Purely Pomegranate. Some slinky Chocolate Chip satin ribbon wraps around it all. I sponged a little Close to Cocoa all around my base of Whisper White card stock. I used a Felt Fusion flower and layered some paper flowers punched with my Boho Flower punch on top, secured with a vintage brad. My Word Window punch made short work of rounding out the words and I used another Word Window punch of Purely Pomegranate behind it to give it some depth.

Here's the sketch for you to try:

1 comment:

Getfuzzyfan said...

I love the sketch layout and how you used the word window punch!

Laura