Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Punched Negative Card, SU! Style

I discovered a new challenge today, the Stampin' Up! Makeover Monday challenge on Andrea Walford's website. The idea is to take a card design that you really like that uses non-SU! materials and to give it an SU! makeover. Great idea! So I sleuthed around and found this cool card made by Maria and converted it. I really liked the technique of punching out and adding paper *behind* a punch.

First I punched my 5-Petal Flower Punch through my Groovy Guava base and adhered some Ginger Blossom DP behind it. I stamped little starbursts from the Baroque Motifs stamp set all over in Ruby Red and Cameo Coral, and added dots of Ruby Red around each punched out flower. I adhered a tiny half-pearl from the Pretties Kit to the center of each large flower, and dabbed a bit of Crystal Effects in the center of each small starburst. For my sentiment, I used a rub-on from Eastern Elegance, then added the blossom stamp from "Embrace Life" in Black Staz-On onto watercolor paper and colored it with my blender pen and Ruby Red & Cameo Coral. A bit of River Rock double-stitched ribbon winds around the bottom and voila! A complete SU! makeover. I likee a lot!!! :-)

No comments: