Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snowman Soup Mugs

After finding a cute template for Snowman Soup mugs on Splitcoast Stampers (which I of course can't find right now, but here's another one), I decided to make these for little cousins and neighborhood friends. I traced the template onto the large cardboard piece that came with my Designer Papers and cut it out. Then I retraced it on Whisper White cardstock in pencil and cut it out with my fabulous Paper Snips scissors. Instead of wrestling with the inside of the handle, I just used my large oval punch to cut it out, which worked great. I'm still not happy with the smoothness of the edges, but what are ya gonna do?!

I stamped the mug all over with Itty Bitty Backgrounds in silver. The snowman from Holiday Tag Team (which is retiring this month!) is stamped in black Staz-On ink and colored with markers (Only Orange, Really Red, Tempting Turquoise). The snowflakes come from The Snowflake Spot and Holiday Tag Team. They are stamped in Bordering Blue, Silver, and a sparkly blue marker I found at AC Moore (by American Craft I think).

Inside is a packet of hot chocolate, chocolate kisses, and a mini candy cane. The Snowman Soup poem is printed from the computer on Confetti White cardstock, I clipped all 4 corners with my tag punch and I used my Double Circle punch to add ribbon (Real Red and Bashful Blue) to the top. Here's what it says:

When it’s so cold outside
that you holler and whoop,
it’s time to bring out some
Snowman Soup.
Pour your packet of cocoa
in a fun winter mug...
add some yummy snowballs &
find a place to get snug.
Now pour in hot water,
stir with the cane a time or two,
take a nibble of chocolate,
the Snowman Soup is
ready for you!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: