Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

May 6 is National Teacher Day!

So I made this card for my son's kindergarten teacher using Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration combination of Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip. These are the new Carousel Notes available in SU!'s mini Occasions Catalog, which I'm thrilled to say has been extended another month through June 30. These notes are so unique, large enough to really play around with, and they come in Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, and Wild Wasabi, with yummy Chocolate Chip envelopes.

I used my Free Wheelin' Special "It's Beautiful" wheel, inked up with Versamark, to add the delicate tone-on-tone background pattern on the Soft Sky. I printed out the sentiment from my computer onto Very Vanilla cardstock and layered it -- the whimsical doodles I did with my Chocolate Chip Marker to frame the edges I learned from Bethann Silaika on her freckled fun blog. The stamps are "Bloomin' Beautiful" from the Occasions catalog, stamped with Black Staz-On onto watercolor paper and watercolored with my Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens. A little snippet of Soft Sky ribbon wraps around the vase, which was colored in Close to Cocoa. I think Mrs. Zuniga will really like this! :-)

Here Kristina's inspiration if you want to use it as a jumping off point yourself:

2 comments:

Beth said...

That is a great card! It is *SO* imporating to butter up (er...I mean) recognize the teachers which we entrust our children to!

HUGS!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous card! I made a little something for the teachers too ;)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering to win the blog candy. Good luck!