Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back with A Triple Challenge Card

Finally, a morning to stamp! It seems to always be something else these days, but today I was determined to complete a challenge. This one is Color Challenge 179 from SCS, using the Saturday Sketch For You To Try from iheart2stamp.com. I purposely chose the flower image to meet the challenge of Stamp Something blog, which was to do a summery card of any type. I used my markers to color my stems and petals on the stamp individually, then just breathed on them a bit before stamping. I'm so pleased with how my medallion flower turned out -- I just kept adding layers to give it punch and dimension.

Here's the sketch if you want to give it a try:

RECIPE
Stamps: Close As a Memory, Warm Words
Paper: Bali Breeze DP, Elegant Eggplant CS, Old Olive Prints, Confetti White
Ink: All SU! markers -- Taken w/ Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Tools: The Tearing Edge, Color Spritzer, Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop circle Punch, 5-Petal Punch, CM Circle cutting system, Cuttlebug w/ Swiss Dots embossing folder
Embellishments: Flower Fusion felt flower, Pretties Kit rhinestone brad

6 comments:

Joanna said...

A beautiful card and I love the warm colors you used.

Hugs from Joanna

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colors and layout. That flower is awesome! Thanks for playing along with our summer challenge, great job! :)

Bev said...

Wow, this is fabulous - I love the colour scheme.
hugs Bev x

Richelle said...

Pretty card! love the color combo!

Erum Tasneem said...

WOW! Look at your colours!!!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Very pretty -- I just love that color combination and the stamp is gorgeous! :)