Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Monday, July 14, 2008

SCS Sketch Challenge 184

I'm behind on lots of challenges since I started my new job but I made a little headway this weekend. This is my version of the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge that was posted on Wednesday.

I used a bunch of scraps that I had lying around from Porcelain Prints and Ginger Blossom designer papers, on a base of Sage Shadow that had been stamped with my "Embrace Life" bamboo branches in Night of Navy. My Boho Blossoms punch came in handy in making the layered flowers over my smaller squares, anchored with Vintage Brads. My larger flower is also from "Embrace Life", stamped on watercolor paper in Sage Shadow Classic Ink and then watercolored with my Aquapainter in Sage Shadow & Night of Navy. I then dabbed my 2-Way Glue Pen on it and added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to make it stand out. My small and large oval punches made short work of the sentiment, from my "Short & Sweet" set of phrases, always perfect for any occasion. And of course I used lots of SU! Dimensionals to pop things up 3-D. As a final touch, I used my Paper Piercer & Mat Pack to emphasize each corner, framing my main image.

Here's the sketch if you want to try your hand at it:

No comments: