Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Color Challenge Card

The SCS color challenge this week was Real Red, Basic Black and Kraft (or Creamy Caramel) and I knew I needed to get started on some Christmas cards so I came up with this. It's based on the sketch for Our Creative Corner, except I changed the placement of both the sentiment (above the ribbon instead of below) and the ribbon.

I like the look of my new Hodgepodge Hardware in Vanilla against the black, don't you? My main panel looked a little plain so I used my stipple brush to stipple some Creamy Caramel and Real Red over it to add dimension. I used the Curly Label Punch to make my opposing corners.

Here's the sketch:


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

strawberry fields said...

this is beautiful. I like the sentiment :)
fiona

Jami said...

Fantastic!! I love the stippling on the main panel, and the torn edge adds some wonderful texture!!
hugs, Jami