Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Monday, March 3, 2008

Blooming Love

I got the Blooming with Love stamp set last week for Mother's Day cards specifically, but of course Stampin' Up! gave us a very versatile sentiment with it that can be used with so many cards. I created this one as an "anytime" occasion card based on a tricky sketch by Jen at i{heart}2stamp.com with the color concoction set forth by Julie: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, and Tempting Turquoise. I wasn't sure when I started whether I could come up with something I really liked, but then that's what makes it a "challenge", right?
As with most cards, it took on a life of its own and now is quite pretty. Speaking of pretty, I'm loving the Pretties set with its cheery white flowers (easily colored if you wish) and rhinestone brads.

Recipe
Stamps: Blooming with Love, Friendship Blooms (Sale-a-Bration)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Flowers for You DP
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Tempting Turquoise
Tools: Photo Corner Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer, White Signo pen
Embellishments: flowers & brads from Pretties Kit

3 comments:

Julie said...

Such a great card - you did an awesome job with both challenges!! I'm loving those pretties too :)

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous!! thx for playing!

Catherine said...

love this card