Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gently Falling Snowflakes Sketch


Lauren's sketch for this week provided a great jumping-off point for this winter card. I used the new Little Felt Flurries and Ski Slope designer series paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog. My sentiment is from "A Cardinal Christmas", stamped in Chocolate Chip. My Scallop Circle punch created a nice dark background to highlight the larger snowflakes. Both of my flakes are anchored with a rhinestone brad from my Pretties Kit. Sadly, the satin ribbon is from last year's holiday collection and no longer available... but it just pulls all the colors together here, doesn't it?

Here's her sketch if you want to try your hand at it:

2 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi,

I just found your blog for the first time thru Lauren's comments for the sketch challenge.

I really like your card. The color scheme, ribbon choice and stamps are just really great together!

Glad I found you I will be back again soon!

Oh Here is my take on the Sketch if you want to see it
http:/heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com

Have a great Day!

Keep up the wonderful creations.

Heather Schlatter
Hutchinson Kansas

Leslie said...

Beautiful cards. I think I am inspired enough now to get scrapping!! Thanks, Leslie