Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Monday, October 6, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch

My weekend treat to myself is stamping after a long week of work and keeping track of the boys. If stamping is like my "spa treatment", then Beate is like my "masseuse", providing sketches that help relax and unwind. :-)
I moved my images to the left because I was trying to use up scraps and my longest piece of Chocolate Chip couldn't reach completely under the full width, LOL... I had fun with my tone-on-tone butterflies, all in various patterns of Kiwi Kiss from Urban Garden, Haiku, and Green Tea Designer papers. I held off on ordering the "Pocket Sillhouettes" stamp set but now I'm so glad I did, I love the tiny details. My sentiment is from the mini catty's "Eat, Drink, & Be Scary", nestled under Hodgepodge Hardware with Very Vanilla ribbon.

My second card let me to play with my "Window Dressing" hostess set and new Autumn Vine DP in all its yummy fall colors. I stamped my window frame on watercolor paper in Black Staz-On, then colored it with markers & my blender pen, added the flowers, and stamped my kitty separately, sponged her, cut her out and popped her up with SU! dimensionals outside the window. My sentiment is actually a Christmas one from "A Cardinal Christmas" in the mini catalog, but I think it will work well year round. The new Wide Oval punch fits perfectly around the quote. A little paper piercing on the bottom strip adds some nice detail. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Beate said...

I love your first card. Love the colors, paper and set you chose. your second card is cute!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles