Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

SCS Sketch Challenge Card

I combined the SCS Sketch with the Ways To Use It Challenge, which was to use "negative shapes" in some way. I used my 5-Petal punch, punched out the flower on some scrap paper, then used my sponge daubers and several different shades over the negative flower image to create my background.

I stamped the sentiment from "Bloomin' Beautiful" in Basic Brown over top of the flowers. This is my first use of one of the new "In Color" papers from the upcoming SU! Fall/Winter Catalog, a pretty tangerine color. It's combined here with Apricot Appeal (cs & prints), Groovy Guava, and Close to Cocoa prints dp. My flowers are sponged in Almost Apricot, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Groovy Guava. The open flower from retired "Delight in Life" creates the background on my middle layer.

Here's the sketch if you want to give it a try:

No comments: