Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July!

Spending quality time with the family today, probably a few hours at the pool and then cookout and fireworks tonight. Hope you're doing something equally as fun!

This card is for the Sketch Challenge at SCS this week. I started with a standard base card of Whisper White, stamped randomly with the large swirl stamp from the "Priceless" stamp set. For my larger background panel, I adhered the layers with Snail Adhesive and then ran the whole thing through my Cuttlebug for dry embossing with Swiss Dots pattern. For my smaller background panel, I tore the edges of my Whisper White paper, ran my Brilliant Blue marker around the edges, and stamped it with my Classic Backgrounds star stamp, colored with markers before stamping. I used Real Red, Brilliant Blue, and Shimmery White for my stars, cut out with my large Star Punch. "Phrases for a Friend" from the mini catalog provided the Celebrate sentiment, which I also individually colored with markers before I stamped. As a last touch, I wrapped Real Red Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, layered with Night of Navy ribbon on top, around the corner of the card.

Thanks for looking!! And enjoy a wonderful long weekend! Here's the sketch if you get some free time to stamp... :-)

No comments: