Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two Challenges and Some New DP!

Some new goodies from SU! arrived this past week -- one of the benefits of being a demonstrator, you get a nice percentage off *and* get to order some things early. In this case it was some beautiful new Designer Paper called Raspberry Tart, which I matched with my Cameo Coral cardstock to make this beauty for the SCS Sketch Challenge.
For my images, I stamped the verse from "Bloomin' Beautiful" first on Watercolor Paper. Then over top of that I stamped the flower image, outlined it with my Watercolor Pencils, and used my Blender Pen to shade it. Some Crystal Effects add a nice touch of shine and dimension.

Some Soft Subtles buttons along with two from my personal stash hug each corner.

I also made a second card for another Splitcoast Stampers color challenge -- Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, and Baja Breeze. Perfect for the large flowered silhouette in my Urban Garden designer paper.

I went over each bloom with my Versamark Pen, then sprinkled Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and hit it with my Heat Tool to make it stick. The flowers really pop out from the card.

For my ribbon, I simply used my Creamy Caramel marker to color my SU! white taffeta ribbon -- the easiest way to get a true color match when you don't have every single type of ribbon that Stampin' Up! sells, LOL.

Thanks for looking, and have a great week!!

No comments: