Order online day or night!

Order online day or night!
Click to shop the SU! online catalog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Beate's Inspiration Challenge

This card is for a colleague who is leaving for a long recruitment trip to Asia. I was thrilled to receive my beautiful "Eastern Influences" stamp set in the mail yesterday and decided to break it in for Beate's challenge. Everything went great right up until I went to glaze my flower with what I *thought* was a clear glazing pen. Turns out it was white. Shoulda gone with Crystal Effects. All the beautiful delicate lines are lost beneath the stupid glaze. But it's still pretty. I used the colors from the Our Creative Corner Color Challenge: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip. I stamped my flower on Watercolor Paper and used my blender pens and watercolor brush to shade it in. My background DP is from the retired "Ginger Blossom" dp (love that stuff!!)

Here are all the goodies that the nice UPS man just delivered to me in a downpour yesterday. Anyone who wants to come check them out, I'll be having an Open House on Sunday, September 14th. Drop in anytime between 3 and 5. More details to come! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...great goody box. New stamps are the BEST!
Your card looks beautiful! I love the soft look it has.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles